
Saturday, March 03, 2007
Totally screwed my A levels up, triple D. But people, please don't get me wrong, i'm not depressed or anything. I've never set my eyes on local uni from the start so i don't need triple As. I've applied for university of new south wales (unsw) late last year and just sent in my results yesterday so they are processing it now. Even if *touch wood* they do reject my application, i've already applied for foundation studies at the same uni. Foundation studies is about 7+ months, it will end this december so i'll have direct entry into Uni next year in the march semester. When you calculate this out, you will realise this, i'm only one semester behind my peers.
I'm sick of hearing everyone telling me i have no where to go or i have no future. Get this straight please, the singapore universities are not the ONLY route to success. Sure its the safest route in Singapore, but i don't want to take the risk of having a singapore degree and it being not recognised overseas. Singapore is not even in the top 100 of the world rankings.
I'm sure you would know people who did badly at A levels and went over to Australia to study in Melb Uni which is ranked 48 in the world. Cass's boyfriend's sister went over to the states with just an O level cert, did college for 2 years, transfer into 3rd year Uni in UCLA which is ranked 14 in the world. These people don't have the triple As, but they are better off.
I've already planned last year that i would either get into UNSW or go over to the states. If i went to the states, i'll be in American River College for 2 years, then i'll transfer to UC Davis third year and complete my degree in the following year. So i'll get my degree in 4 years with a Uni that is ranked 42 in the world. I've decided gazillion years ago that i will not work in the government sector but in the MNCs. Now, given a UCLA graduate and a NUS graduate, who is the more likely choice? So please don't sympathise with me, cause i am not appreciating it even though i ought to.
"hey how did you do?"
"bad, triple D"
"omg, how? do you have a future? don't be sad, cheer up"
oh fuck you. Firstly, i'm not sad and secondly, i know where i am going. I appreciate people who came and ask how i did, then offered me alternatives like steph. Thank you (:
Thank you cass too for going through everything with me yesterday.
i got the rankings from here